How to run a Design Thinking Workshop
On-demand course with step by step videos and guides so you can plan it, run it and do it!BUY NOW >
Let's remove the overwhelm, save you time and give you everything you need to feel confident preparing and facilitating Design Thinking workshops
Have you been wondering if ...
Design thinking might be the approach to help you come up with more innovative and creative solutions but don't know where to start?
That was me 5 years ago. I borrowed the books, spent hours online researching while trying to figure out what I needed to do. There is so much out there, I was completely overwhelmed and didn't know where to start.
This is the course I wish I had been able to do then.
This course gives you my tested workshop with the agenda, templates and exercises that I know work. This is an excellent starting point if you are new to Design Thinking and want to know enough to get started in your workplace.
How to run a Design Thinking Workshop
This course gives you the very practical steps and 'how to' so you can feel confident to go ahead and run a Design Thinking workshop.
There are 21 short videos and 6 modules. Nearly 2 hours of recorded step by step guidance.
There is a downloadable Playbook with checklists and templates referred to in the training.WHAT? YES PLEASE!
What you will be able to do after completing this:
- Know when to use Design Thinking
- Identify the 'User(s)' (who uses this product or service)
- How to collect and prepare data before the workshop
- Know the pros/cons of both Virtual and Real life workshops and how to prepare for both
- Prepare and run a full-day workshop with a comprehensive agenda and timing (both Virtual or Real Life)
- Know how to use key Design Thinking tools and templates like Empathy Maps
- Know how to use creativity exercises to energise and help people think differently
- Guide a group in creating and testing Prototypes
- You had someone who has been where you are to guide you on exactly what you need to do to run a successful Design Thinking workshop
- You have a step-by-step roadmap with videos explaining everything you need to do
- You have the Playbook with checklists and templates to help you prepare
- You get to make a difference in your organisation by learning and applying new skills to enable more creative and innovative problem-solving
What you will learn
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Get clear on what you want to achieve and why
- Check if Design Thinking is the right approach and if the right people are onboard
- Will you run it real life or virtual
- Who are the User(s) at the centre of your challenge or problem
- How you collect Data points
- How to prepare the Data before the workshop
PREPPING THE WORKSHOP
- Choosing the right participants
- Setting up both virtual and real life workshops
- Preparing the agenda
RUNNING THE WORKSHOP
- Setting the scene, introductory exercises and the gallery walk
- Creating empathy maps and turning data into insights to define the problem
- Creativity exercises, ideation phase and making prototypes
- Determine metrics of success
- How to test prototypes
- Rapid iteration and failing fast
REVIEWING TEST RESULTS AND GOING FORWARD
- How to review the results of the testing process
- Making decisions on what solution to pursue
Check out a lesson
There are 21 short video lessons over 6 modules within this course. Nearly 2 hours of step by step guidance so you know exactly what to do and feel really confident about it.
Check out Lesson 7 from Module 4 which is how to run the IDEATION phase of the workshop.
Hey, I'm Melissa
Founder of The Great Work Lab and design thinking geek
I have over 2 decades in the corporate world ending up in Amsterdam in a Global HR Director role with people across 80 countries. During my career I was always passionate about how we make workplaces better; both for the people that work there as well as ensuring we are creating great products, services and experiences for our customers.
When I found Design Thinking, I fell in love. Here was an approach that enabled us to face complex challenges and design human-centred solutions. And because of how it works, you end up with more creative and innovative solutions that are much better and result in better performance.
I don't know if I have enough time...
That's why this programme was created for you. You might not have the time to do a 6 week intensive programme at a business school on design thinking or read 8 books about it. But if you can spend just under 2 hours watching bite sized lessons that give you everything you need, then this is for you.
How long have I got to complete it?
You have 12 months from the date of purchase to access the course. We give you plenty of time so if you need to go back and recap on any points, you can.
How do I know if this is right for me?
If you are a leader interested in doing things different to get better results, then this is for you. If you are curious about designing solutions that fit the user, whether that is the customer or employees, then this is for you. If you are just really keen to try out design thinking in your workplace, then this is for you.
Why this course?
This is the course for you if you want to get started in Design Thinking and want a practical how to approach. This is all about how to apply the theory and actually do it. It's using my proven workshop with my agenda and tools and exercises that I know will work for you.
There are some amazing intensive programmes at the best business schools on Design Thinking. I've done one of them myself. And if you want a deep theoretical understanding of the model and have the time to undertake these programmes, then go for it. If you are not ready for that investment of both time and cost and want to know enough to start doing it, then this is a great start.
Need some peace of mind?
I'm pretty sure this programme is a fantastic way to start your Design Thinking experience. But if for any reason it does not fit your needs, please let me know within 7 days from purchase and I will refund no questions asked.